Monday, June 1, 2009

Across the Generations

My grandpa was diagnosed with dimentia shortly after my grandmother, his wife of over 50 years, suddenly passed away. My mom and I went to go see him in the nursing home in which he lived when Ashlee was just a few months old. I still remember how timidly he held her in his arms, the both of them fragile in their own way.



Here is my grandpa almost two decades earlier in his West Sacramento home, holding me in his arms.


I am grateful for these two pictures. I am thankful my mom brought Ashlee and I to see grandpa before he passed away, and that he got to hold his great granddaughter in his arms. I hope I am only so lucky to live across as many generations.

2 comments:

  1. How special to have these two photographs-and you and Ashlee look very similar as babies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these tow pictures. Aren't photography wonderful? ^_^

    Sorry about your grandpa~

    Miss you guys. xoxoxo

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete