Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Reading



It looks as if Ashlee will polish off the Harry Potter series this summer. From May 15th until now, she has read the first 4 books in the series. That's a total of 1,843 pages in 3 1/2 weeks.



Only 2,332 pages to go. I'd say she's hooked.



She falls asleep with a book, and I catch her lying in bed in the morning picking up where she left off. I have to bribe her to get up and get herself ready! But I don't mind. She will be well-read, and besides, I hear these books are addicting.

5 comments:

  1. I can relate. These are my VERY favorite books. Have you not read them yet, Lisa???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not, but know of many adults who have. When (if) I have the luxury of reading it's usually literature of the "productive" sort; i.e. scriptures, homeschooling, childbirth, etc. I am more into the self-help genre opposed to fantasy or science fiction. (Although I'm not above saying that if I were to pick up one of these books I would probably get hooked!) The Twilight series is on the top of my "reading for pleasure" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept saying that I would not read them. I do not read fantasy either but before the last movie came out I gave in. Kirk said that he would only take me if I read them first. Let me say amazing! Paige has read the whole series four times! Just give it a try you might be suprised and it is clean reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for her for being so interested in reading! Couldn't be addicted to a more productive or better hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read those books...they're on my list! (on the bottom but they're there ;))

    ReplyDelete