Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jacob's Trophy

Saturday marked the end of Jacob's T-ball season, which isn't such a bad thing because now he has this shiny trophy to display.

Forrest built two custom trophy shelves to put up on the wall (the other trophy is from Jacob's last soccer season.) Forrest is always so handy when it comes to woodworking. He cut the wood, sanded, assembled and stained these in about an hour. I am always amazed at what he is able to come up with on a whim.

Pretty nice trophy, if I do say so myself.

Jacob absolutely loved his first year in T-ball. We were fortunate enough to have a great coach (Steve Pomi, if anyone is interested) who we will definitely be requesting next year for Minors A. Jacob came to be known for his outfield hits, and he always had his head in the game. I, for one, was impressed by how well the coach organized a team of 5-year-olds. They all progressed throughout the season. Yesterday the team celebrated by having pizza and a swim party at Cameron Park Lake (sorry, I forgot the camera) after which Jacob so graciously said, "Thank you so much Mom for taking me to the lake. This was, like, the best day of my life." I'm glad 5-year-olds are so easy to please. Good season Red Sox!

2 comments:

  1. Such a little stud you and a great big handyman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trophy, Jacob-and very nice display shelves. You gotta love handy men!

    ReplyDelete