Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meal Planning

Although cooking is one of my favorite things to do, lately I have found myself in a rut when it comes to what to make for dinner. So, with a bit of effort, I have been able to break free of my dinner doldrums and bring the pleasure back into meal times. My latest endeavor has been meal planning. I sit down on Sunday, write out the week's menu, go shopping on Monday, and breathe easy the rest of the week knowing that at least dinner will be taken care of. In addition to the peace-of-mind that comes from being prepared, the fun part of this has been seeking out and trying new recipes. I thought I would showcase a few of my favorites from this week:


Monday night: White cheese chicken lasagna

Tuesday night: Spicy beef kabobs with homemade Spanish rice (my own make-as-you-go recipe)

Friday night: Chicken with capers in cream sauce, Italian salad, homemade rolls

These were all new recipes, and I have to say that my family's hands-down favorite was the chicken with capers in cream sauce. If you are going to try any of these, make this one. I served it over pasta and oh my was it delicious! It really paired well with the salad and tasted like an authentic Italian meal. This one will definitely be going in the recipe box.

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm....those look delicious.

    I have to say, that meal planning makes dinner time so much easier and YUMMIER. When I know what I'm cooking that night, I prepare earlier in the day, making it less messy, tastier etc. With all the chaos that comes with a new baby my meal planning has gone out the window......THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!

    ReplyDelete