Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our Week at a Glance

Rachel, now 3 1/2 months, is growing faster than we can keep up with. However, this isn't such a bad thing because she now sleeps through the night. Thank you Rachel!
We had a sick day. I suppose this is what happens when you open up your home to 25 moms and kids for a play date when the flu is going around. Can you guess which two were sick in this picture? Today we are on round two (hence the reason for my being home blogging and not at church.)
I found this picture on the camera. One of the kids must have snapped it. The kittens are now 4 weeks and very adorable.
We have been spending a lot of time in the backyard working, gardening, doing anything that gives us a reason to be outside.
Ashlee was given a book on crocheting care bears, and here she is working on her first one.
This is the desired end result.
We attended a birthday party for a one-year-old yesterday, and Forrest decided to hand craft a memory box as a gift. It turned out quite amazing.
He used a wood burner to etch the tree.
The family has a Roman theme going in their home, so Forrest decided to add some Latin writing along with the boy's birthday in Roman numerals along the side. A very crafty touch, I think.
Can anyone tell me the meaning of the words inscribed on the inside?

4 comments:

  1. Busy week for you! I heard the flu was going around in your house (Dad). That is the worst.
    I love the memory box Forrest made. I was wondering about you since you haven't posted in days, which is a long time for you. Call when you have time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rachel so much, I need to munch on that amazing baby body. Matt and I want Forrests skills. I hope you guys are all feeling better. I plan on being in town right after Fathers Day. Can't wait to get together :) And my kids are crazy jealous of all your kittys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Rachel's blessing dress? She's beautiful! What a cool memory box! He needs to start selling them! He does amazing work! We're all jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It could be a blessing dress, but no she hasn't been blessed yet. She's got to get in line behind my other kids!

    ReplyDelete