Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dance Recital 2010 and Other Happenings

This past week marked the end of another season of dance for Ashlee. Of the three dances she performed, my favorite was the lyrical.






The kitties have reached their 6 week mark, which means they are about ready for new homes. However, when we had a family come over yesterday to pick one out, we all decided that it would be best to wait another week or so before we separate them from their mama. Maybe it was the way she gathered them all in and nursed them right in the middle of the living room floor that did us in, I don't know. It just didn't feel right to take one from her yet.

With a little effort we were able to get our spa up and running. We use a mineral sanitizer and natural pH balancers in lieu of harsh chlorine chemicals. It makes for a much nicer spa experience.


And, being that it was a busy week with 2 dress rehearsals and 2 recitals, the crockpot played a big part in my menu planning. Here is my favorite recipe from the week:

Slow cooker jambalaya
I reduced the cayenne pepper by half and served it over Jasmine rice... mmm!

(This is not my photo. Ours was so yummy that we didn't think to take a picture!)

Rachel is four months old today and sleeps 11 hours through the night. She is working on grabbing things and bringing them to her mouth, using her voice, and strengthening her core muscles for sitting. We are enjoying every ounce of her!

3 comments:

  1. It is so fun to see all that is going on. Our kids love to swim in the spa. It is the perfect size for them. Those kittens are so cute. If I was still a little girl I would have convinced my mom to let me have one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now don't you want to get one for your little girl...??

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11 hours.....can't wait for the day. =)


    What a fun bunch of pictures. I wish you would have taken one of the yogurt covered kitties.

    ReplyDelete