Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sun Tea

This has been my favorite drink as of late: freshly brewed sun tea (the herbal variety, of course.) I remember in my childhood that my step-mom always had a pitcher, similar to this one, sitting out in the backyard brewing in the heat of the sun. She would then bring it inside and put it in the refrigerator for iced tea. It feels good to be adopting this tradition as my own, and even the kids love it. They ask for a glass every time they see me pouring one (they have become herbal tea fanatics such as myself.) There's nothing like ice cold tea on a hot summer day.

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about doing the same thing. What kind of tea do you drink? I always like trying new kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is yerba mate. However, you could do it with chamomile, nettle, comfrey, raspberry leaf, orange spice, peppermint, blueberry, anything you would normally enjoy hot.

    ReplyDelete