Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pergo!

There are 3 things about a home that are important to me: the look, the feel, and the smell. My affirmation of a clean house is, "Looks, feels, smells clean!" Sometimes my kids laugh, but that's what I say. So, since we moved into this house almost 8 months ago, I have been bothered by the carpet. It interfered with the "clean smell" aspect of the home, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get rid of it. I so desperately wanted to rip it out, for I knew it would make the house feel so much better. Well, today we did just that! It was a family project. Forrest allowed me the satisfaction of pulling up the carpet and padding, while the kids helped to remove staples and hammer down nails in the floor boards. With the area prepped, Forrest was able to lay all of the flooring in one day, and all that is left to do is cut and install new baseboard and put the furniture back into position. It has completely transformed our downstairs living area, and we love it! I was even able to pick out a couple of cute accent rugs (like the one you see under the piano.) After years of fixing up other people's homes, it is nice to have Forrest do upgrades on our own home. We certainly enjoy the fruits of his labor.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It looks great. I bet it feels bigger too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...what a difference! Very awesome!

    I can't wait to fix our floors.......( I DETEST the carpet under our kitchen table).

    ReplyDelete