Friday, May 13, 2011

36 Weeks (and a day)

Well, yesterday was my 36 week mark, which means we have 4 weeks to go. However, according to my prediction, Anthony will be born in 3 1/2 weeks. This is no time at all. I went out and bought my birth supplies today (all except the 3 gallons of distilled water because Target was out.) Now I just need to put them all in a big tub in the bedroom and pull out my baby boy clothes. I am really excited about my last homebirth. I haven't spent a whole lot of time thinking about labor, but sometimes when I am lying in bed at night it will creep into my head and I get overwhelmed. There is something about the dark, and being alone, and tired at the end of the day that makes it hard for me to think about enduring another labor. But then I wake up fresh and alert and feel like I am ready to take it on. I guess all these feelings are normal.
See how my tummy gets all veiny in pregnancy? Kind of reminds me of the tree of life. It may not be attractive, but hey, it's nourishing my baby. Thankfully, after religious applications of aloe vera gel and lavender oil my sunburn is pretty much healed. I guess I got the heart I wanted!
Here's to 4 more weeks (or 3 1/2 but who's counting...)


3 comments:

  1. SOOO close! Keep your spirits up-you are going to do a great job in labor. Enjoy your last few pregnant moments. Can you believe you only have less than 4 weeks left in your ENTIRE life that you will ever have a baby in your tummy? When you look at it that way, it sure goes by fast. You love being pregnant, so just take the time to be in each moment of these last "expecting" days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Lisa, you are radiant! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! We're excited on this end too.

    ReplyDelete