Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Best Mother's Day Yet- 2011

This mother's day was probably the best I've had yet- before I even made it downstairs. I awoke to the sound of kids scrambling downstairs, and after leisurely getting out of bed and taking my time getting ready for church, I soon smelled the aroma of bacon, along with the whir of the blender. Mmmm, breakfast.
I came downstairs to a fully set table, but was first directed to the couch where I was given my gifts: a set of cast iron skillets (the idea was mentioned to raise my iron level, plus I have always wanted some for various recipes I have,) 3 cards, a new memory card for the camera, and my very own bar of certified fair trade mint chocolate. Ashlee also handed me a menu with the meals for the day.

Breakfast: golden cottage cheese pancakes, bacon, eggs, O.J., strawberry lemonade, and yerba mate.

Dinner: orange chicken stir-fry with asparagus, rice, french bread, and a green salad.

Dessert: my favorite Baskin Robbins ice-cream cake.

The way to Mom's heart is truly through her stomach.
After church, all the moms were given marigolds. I thought this was a nice change from the usual candy bar.

And here's proof that the heart sticker is working! After I am fully recovered from this sunburn, I will reposition a new sticker in the same place and keep working on my tan. I figure this is my last pregnancy, and I might as well have some fun with it. =)
Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good day. You deserve it! Our kids are the best aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome kids! It sounds like your Mother's Day was wonderful:-) I love all the effort Forrest and the kids put in to making your day such a treat!!

    ReplyDelete