Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ashlee's Piano Recital


Ashlee's piano instructor, Kyra. We met her at church, and she is the sweetest girl.

The recital was held at Piano Arts in Rancho Cordova. The students had the luxury of playing on a beautiful grand concert piano.

I told Ashlee this is the nicest piano she will ever play on, so to take advantage of it.

We were glad she chose to wear her black and gold dress- she matched the piano perfectly!

Kyra is due to have her 3rd girl mid-June, so we'll be taking a break for the summer.

Ashlee did really well on her first piece (which was supposed to be a duet with the instructor, but she ended up playing it alone.) Swan Lake, however, was her piece that wooed the audience (with the exception of the not-so-happy 2 year old wailing in the background.) She got a little performance anxiety and choked up a bit in the middle, but she recovered well. I felt really bad because she cried a little bit when she came and sat back down. The compliments she received after the performance helped to lift her spirits back up. Thank you Kyra, all the children did wonderful! We are so grateful Ashlee is developing this talent.

5 comments:

  1. was cool right?

    i wanna say i bit your family has a good time with yah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that that was her teacher. Do you know if she is having a boy or another girl? Her little girls are so cute. For some reason I can't get the sound on Matt's laptop to work, but as soon as he is home I'll have him show me how to use it. But your little girl looked so lovely!! I remember never being able to play my best and it's very frustrating when you know you can do better and you want to show eveyone how well you can play. She is so cute. You must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee did an awesome job at her recital-there should be no tears for she is learning to play something I only WISH I knew how to play, and I feel so proud to be her Aunt:-) Great job, Ashlee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did sooooooo good, you got that right.





    _ Ashlee

    ReplyDelete