Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Hats

I finished Jacob's hat. He wasn't crazy about it at first, but when he saw that I was going to give it to Noah he quickly changed his mind and said, "No, no, I do like it." (A little reverse psychology in action.)



I knit this hat on size 7 needles with a synthetic yarn (I like the way it circled at the top.) I also worked in a knit 2 purl 2 combination, which gave it a ribbed fold-up brim opposed to a rolled brim. This pattern of knitting also helps the hat to keep its shape.



I came upstairs the other day to find that Ashlee had begun knitting on a pair of chopsticks we picked up from Nugget Market, so I decided it was time to get her started on a hat!



Here she is casting on her first stitches.



This is the hat I am working on for a certain little baby girl who is due the end of this week (I hope her mommy doesn't read my blog... it's a surprise!) This is an organic cotton yarn, and I am working with size 3 needles. I knit 2 purl 2 for the ribbed brim, and am working a garter stitch for the remainder of the hat. Her mom is a very talented crocheter, so I'm hoping this hat will turn out nice!

3 comments:

  1. I love Jacob's hat, and the one you are crocheting for the baby! So neat that you have this activity you enjoy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I am knitting it. I haven't yet learned how to crochet a hat, but that would be much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh-I meant knit! You and I both know how the crocheting went;-)

    ReplyDelete