Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Anne Geddes is one of my favorite photographers (besides Gloria, of course!) Since I forgot to get a picture of the kids and I today, I am posting these instead.




I first came across this picture while Forrest and I were waiting in the doctor's office at one of my prenatal appointments with Jake. I was awestruck then, and it is still one of my favorites. The pregnant shape is the most beautiful form a woman's body takes on. I always wonder what the baby looks like inside.

I don't think any of mine were ever this tiny... must be a premie.


I am so grateful for the divine gift of motherhood, and for the meaning it has brought into my life. My family is the driving force behind all that I do. I am thankful for my children, who give me reason to celebrate this day. I am especially grateful to all the mothers and grandmothers who have influenced my life for good (yes, you!) If you are reading this, chances are you are one of them. I hope all the mothers enjoyed their special day.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to all mother's-We are a special, blessed group, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pics! Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete