Friday, May 29, 2009

Window Valances

Well, I finally pulled out the fabric that has been sitting up in my closet for several months and turned it into valances for the kids' rooms. The boys' room is decorated in a Cars theme, and this fabric really pulls it together. Forrest found this diamond plate out in the garage and cut it to fit over the top of the curtain rod, which he spray painted red to match. I think it adds a custom touch.







The girls room is very pink (I like it that way and will keep it that way until they are old enough to protest.) The princess fabric is very suiting for them.



Ashlee's bed stays looking this nice due to the fact that she often sleeps with her brothers. I don't mind- it's one less bed for me to make in the morning! Sometimes it's nice to have a space in your home that does not look so "lived in."

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed!! These valances look amazing, and that you made them yourself makes them so much more meaningful. What creativity using that metal plate over the top of the boys, I really like that, and the girls room is VERY beautiful! Good job:-) I wonder if I could do something like that if I gave my sewing machine a bit more attention??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so perfect! And they are better than something you could have just picked off the shelf - very nice Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm impressed! The cars valance is so creative! I never would have thought of that (the cover over the curtain rod!). So can I hire you to decorate my home when I have one??!

    ReplyDelete