Thursday, May 21, 2009

Night-time Routine


In an effort to keep the kids contained during the nightly routine of bathing, brushing, and dressing, I've gotten them in the habit of sitting in their room with a book as soon as they are ready for bed. Little Kaitlyn is picking up on this quite well. It always amazes me how much the younger ones look up to and learn from the older ones. It makes my job so much easier.

She just grabs a book and plops down.

Ashlee just started reading the first Harry Potter book. She is hooked. I catch her sneaking the night-light up a notch so she can read in bed. Tonight this bothered Jacob (she chooses to sleep in the boys' room sometimes) so I allowed her to come into my room and read for a bit while the boys fell asleep. She is surely a night owl and is always the last one to fall asleep. Good thing she can take advantage of sleeping in.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew loves the Harry Potter books and is on the 5th one right now! We have all but the very last one. I like the boys beds, btw!!

    ReplyDelete