Saturday, May 22, 2010

A New Woman

A couple of years ago I was at a Mom's Club event with my children. Kaitlyn was a baby at the time. A lady came up to me and asked, "How old is your baby?"

"Three months," I responded.

I'll never forget what she then said to me: "I'll bet you feel like a New Woman!" According to her, three months was the magic age.

Today marks 12 weeks for Rachel, and I am left wondering, do I feel like a New Woman?

On some days, yes. I, too, believe that the end of what the midwives coin the "fourth trimester" brings about remarkable changes for both mom and baby. Take, for example, the eight hours she slept the other night. Or the fact that she is now able to be entertained by sights, siblings, and toys such as the one below. She has more than doubled her birth weight, making for a much more sustainable baby. It is with bittersweet emotion that I proclaim, this girl is growing up fast! And yes, it's true what they say, each one grows faster. Just don't grow out of my arms too fast Rachel. We kind of like you the way you are.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big she is already! It goes by so fast....


    She looks so much like the HART MOLD but definitely has her own twist to it. I like her crooked grin in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete