Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Soooo Tired

Apparently the toothfairy has been slackin' on the job. Jacob has now had the same tooth under his pillow for two nights. He woke up this morning, disappointed to see it still there, came in my room and asked, "Mom, do you think the toothfairy could've gotten eaten by a cat or dog?"

"No, honey, I think she flies pretty fast. I don't know why she didn't come again, but I'm sure she'll come tonight. She's probably just been busy collecting a lot of teeth." (Or maybe she's so tired at the end of her busy day it's all she can do to drag herself from her kids' rooms to her own and she's half asleep before her head even hits the pillow... I don't know.)

"Mom, when you see the toothfairy are you going to kick her butt?"

"No, but I'll tell her she's fired and demand a replacement."

(sorry Jacob.)

4 comments:

  1. SO funny! When we moved, Matthew lost a tooth in our first days here , and the tooth fairy missed the tooth on the first night it was under his pillow (blamed that one on our recent rolocating-she didn't realize we moved) , and then once with August as well. After the two separate incidences, the kids started making me write a note and stick it on their bedroom door so the tooth fairy would know the tooth was located UNDER the pillow, and that one had been lost! I love kids and their thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the first time the tooth fairy has missed a stop. You can let Jake know is has happened to us too. She always comes through eventually. The longer it takes her at our house the more the tooth seems to be worth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I'm sorry you're so tired...but it's certainly understandable. I do love that you are firing the tooth fairy and demanding a new one though! LOL. That was a great answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister's old dentist in Southern California has a phone number set up for the tooth fairy. Its just an answering machine. I would pay money to listen to the messages

    Perhaps a phone call to the tooth fairy from Jacob will pacify him. Maybe she just hasn't gotten the message yet that he lost a tooth...lol

    619 275 7195

    (on another note, my mom always told us that our toothfairy asked to have the teeth taped to the fridge since there were so many pillows to look under in our house but only one fridge (and so that she could SEE it before she went to bed). Meaning, you're not the only one who forgets Lisa.!!! lol)

    ReplyDelete