Sunday, May 9, 2010

Switch-A-Roo

Circumstances have necessitated that we make some changes in our sleeping arrangements, so today was the day for the switch. I am sad to say that Rachel did not get any use out of the bassinet I had set up for her in my room, which has now been replaced by a crib. With Forrest being out of town, she has been in bed with me, and at the rate she is growing has darn near outgrown the thing anyways. However, having her in bed with me has not been working out well the past couple of nights because when she starts squirming and grunting I automatically nurse her, when what she really needs is just more space (I know this because when I get out of bed or scoot her over, she falls right back to sleep.) She started sleeping 4-5 hour stretches quite some time ago, and the other night she even did 6, so I figure this is my window of opportunity to move her into the crib before I start INTERRUPTING those good sleep habits. Soooooo, guess who's in a Big Girl bed now??


(Looks happy, doesn't she?)
And I can't say this little bug minded the switch either.

Here's to a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Both girls look like they are right where they are supposed to be:-) You are taking steps to a full nights sleep again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures!! You have the cutest kids!

    ReplyDelete