Friday, May 31, 2013

36 Weeks- Twins

We've made it to 36 weeks.  The midwives are happy. :)  The family is making preparations to come into town, have hired a baby nurse, etc.  As meticulous as we try to be in our planning they may or may not make it for the birth.  I am going to do my best.  All along I've felt these babies will come at 37 weeks, but I am also preparing myself for the possibility that they could go to term.  Let's be honest.  I just. can't. see. myself. going. another. month.  This is by far the "most pregnant" I've ever been in my life... by 6 weeks or 6 cm. to be exact.  At the same time it's reassuring to feel that they are growing bigger and putting on weight.  This will make for a better situation all around in handing them over to their family.  I am so grateful that Forrest has been home this week to help me keep the house clean, stay on top of the kids, reassure me, etc.  He truly is an amazing husband and I am so blessed to have him.  Heartburn is almost *unbearable* at times and I can eat one meal and stay full all day.  To combat that I am drinking apple cider vinegar and resorting to Tums only when I need to.  Papaya enzyme tablets work pretty well too.  My ribs ache at night from the weight of the babies and I can't wait to sleep in a position other than on my side.  I feel baby A's head engaging and getting low in my pelvis.  I have been getting those shooting leg cramps that only come late in pregnancy when baby is sitting on my nerves.  Soon...... soon.

2 comments:

  1. You're almost there! Of course you can come visit, when are you coming down the hill next? Are you still out and about these days, or do you want to wait until after you deliver? Good luck these next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to see you soon but now that it's so close maybe I'd better wait. :) I'm just anxious to see your new house and get the kids together!! When is their last day of school? I will call you.

      Delete