Tuesday, May 21, 2013

There's a Birth Tub on my Back Patio

The midwife sent us home with it today... just in case.  The kids became very excited upon seeing it, deducing that "Mommy is going to have the babies pretty soon."  I heard them retelling stories of how each of them were born in a birth tub, and who watched whom.  It was very fun to see them all buzzing with energy.  I love that my kids have an intimate knowledge of birth, that it has been a family affair in our family, and that they have distinct memories of how each of them were born.

In other news, I am 34 1/2 weeks and measuring 45 centimeters; safe to say I am "more pregnant" than I have ever been.  On that note I have also exceeded my 9 month pregnant weight... by 20 lbs.  I don't see it much on my body, so I'm hoping much of that is baby and belly weight.  There is a baby engaged in my pelvis and I was able to feel his head today with my hands.  Midwife tricks. :)  I like that Rebecca described them as being in a "Yin and Yang" position, one curling into the other.  Very suiting for their origin. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! so very exciting! I keep checking the blog for up-dates. much love coming your way xoxo

    ReplyDelete