Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Despite Forrest's being out of town Mother's Day felt extra special this year.  I was surrounded by my kids and that's all I need.  Ashlee arose before me and made a breakfast of pancakes, which we all enjoyed.  I sat on the couch, drank my tea, and called my "mothers."  After church the kids played outside for a bit and I relished in a quiet house.  We made grilled chicken, asparagus, and rice for dinner.  The best part of my Mother's Day came in all the little cards, pictures, hand-picked wildflowers, and words of adoration from my children.  The night before Kaitlyn gave me a special Mother's Day "dance" to her favorite ballet music.  The morning of Rachel woke up in my bed at 6:30 and said, "Mom, I love you.  I love you so much."  She ended the day with the same words.  That made my day. :)  Thank you children for giving me 6 reasons to celebrate.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! Your kids are so sweet!! I love Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete