Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cankles

Cankles:  

The area in affected female legs where the calf meets the foot in an abrupt, nontapering terminus; medical cause: adipose tissue surrounding the soleus tendon, probably congenital, worsened by weight gain and improved in appearance only by boots. From the English "calf" meaning wide portion of the lower leg, and "ankle" meaning slender joint of leg with foot. -Urban Dictionary
 
This pregnancy has introduced some swelling of the feet and ankles.  It started last weekend with a 1 1/2 hour drive out to Auburn for a family reunion.  It didn't go away for 2 days.  My midwife recommended soaking in an epsom salt bath.  They were fine all week but after yesterday's full day of driving around and 2 baseball games, my cankles are back, and with a vengeance.  They almost kept me home from church today.  I told Forrest why I wanted to stay home and he just laughed.   Darn twins.  It is an odd feeling to look down and not recognize your own feet.  I think I'll take another bath tonight and hope they are gone by the morning. :/
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment