Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Hypnobirthing Birth


I came across this on YouTube the other night and was inspired. This woman is so calm and in control of her birth, which is apparently a result of her training through Hypnobirthing. I first came across the technique of Hypnobirthing while I was pregnant with Jacob up in Washington (we attended a relatively progressive Family Maternity Center where they actually offered Hypnobirthing classes in lieu of or in addition to the traditional childbirth preparation or Lamaze classes.) However, it wasn't until my pregnancy with Noah that I actually bought and read through the book and started practicing with the C.D. I can attest to the calming effect of relaxation and self-hypnosis in preparation of childbirth. The Hypnobirthing C.D. carried me right up to transition during my labor. Anyhow, I hope this may inspire some of you to further investigate this wonderful book and revolutionary, yet instinctively natural, approach to childbirth.

1 comment:

  1. That was AMAZING! You'd be so proud of me, I didn't cry until the baby was born!!

    ReplyDelete