Friday, January 29, 2010

Girls' Room

Well, it's been almost 3 months since we moved in, and I still have not been completely satisfied with the bedrooms. It was difficult to go from new house to older house, and that fact combined with smaller bedrooms and less closet space has made organizing the kids' rooms near impossible for me. So, today was the day I decided I was going to live with it no more. I told Ashlee of the impending change last night, and she said, "Mom, can we just, like, dedicate tomorrow as a cleaning day and not do any school work?" Well, good idea honey, and it almost worked, but not quite. They did at least do their basics. Teacher, on the other hand, was occupied doing this:I purchased the yellow sheer fabric on sale at Hancock's and finally sewed some cafe curtains out of it. I really love the yellow, but needed something to tie it in, so yesterday I cruised Michael's and picked out a few (cheap) yellow decorations.
I love the rose garland framing the mirror.
Eventually we will have to get bunk beds for Ashlee and Kaitlyn, and Rachel will move into the crib. But for now, this look works and I am liking it. The room looks and feels so much more organized, and I think Ashlee is motivated to keep it that way. I especially love the sunny feel of the yellow and pink together.

Are these my nesting instincts kicking in early? I don't know, but whatever it is I am grateful to finally have gotten the energy to get it done.

3 comments:

  1. It is the perfect girls room. Your such a nice and good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful, Lisa! What a cozy sweet room to curl up and read in, sleep in or just walk into when you need to look at something cheery! I really like the pink and yellow, and how you decorated everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Good job!

    I never made it down to Hancocks....again. New transmission got in the way and I'm still so undecided on what I want to do. I think once we get our shutters/blinds on our windows it will be easier for me to envision what I want..... I'm so indecisive about decorating...another reason why all our walls are so blank. lol

    ReplyDelete