Friday, January 22, 2010

Our Homeschool







Well I think it is safe to say after three weeks that I feel we are off to a great start. Brace yourself for this: homeschooling two kids has been easier than homeschooling one. Yes, easier. We truly function like a mini classroom, and I love it. One of the benefits to homeschooling is the diversity of ages between siblings. I've always thought it superficial that in public school, kids are grouped according to age and no other factor. It's natural, and healthier, for kids to interact with children of a variety of ages, which is what you get in a homeschool setting. I love that Noah and Kaitlyn sit down at the table when it's school time and do their own activities like coloring or play dough. Homeschooling will be an inherent transition for them when the time comes.











2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I wish I could get my act together like this just for ONE kid! You're doing a fabulous job. Soon I'll be begging you for ideas. You make this look soooo easy (I know it's not always but you really are doing a good job!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment Nikki. I'll be more than happy to help you get started when the time comes. My first recommendation would be to start reading books on homeschooling now, and find a local homeschooling organization (check meetup.com) or charter. I know that you definitely have what it takes to be successful at homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete