Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yet Another Great Cookie Recipe

So I came across another great chocolate chip cookie recipe and felt inspired to share. I like these because they are made with ground oats and pecans, which gives them a sturdy texture.World's NEXT Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. oatmeal, measured out and blended until fine
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. powder
2 c. chocolate chips
4 oz. Hershey's bar, grated
1 c. dry toasted pecan pieces (Trader Joe's)

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, salt, soda, and powder. Stir in flour, ground oats, chocolate chips, grated chocolate, and nuts. Bake at 375 for 10-12 mins.

The verdict: the kids loved these, and so did I (though I limited myself to one, as per my new diet.) This recipe will definitely be stashed in the binder alongside my other World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Too much of a good thing? Nah.

5 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm, I'll have to try these. I made oatmeal cookies yesterday which normally (several recipes I've tried)...end up flat and not so delicious. But yesterdays recipe? oh so good......I pretty much ate finished them off today...its oatmeal right so thats okay? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish. It sounds like the Neiman Marcus cookie recipe - have you heard of that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I haven't. Would you like to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It actually is a little different. The common ingredients are the blended oatmeal, grated hershey bar, and nuts. So, they're definitely similar. :) You can Google neiman marcus cookie recipe and read the urban myth that goes along with it - pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete