Friday, April 22, 2011

33 (and a smidgen) Weeks

With less than 7 weeks to go, I thought I'd do a belly report. Anthony is growing fast, head down, and seems especially low the past day or two. He gets hiccups often and is moderately active. I feel great and have yet to experience any back or hip pain, which is a blessing and a rarity for me by this point. Usually by now it's the double hip squeeze and a visit to the chiropractor.

(Thank you Jacob for being my photographer today.)
It's not labor that consumes me this time around but rather the postpartum period. I am in for a different labor of sorts, as I know priorities will shift and a new balance must be established. Part of me thinks that is why I have been spared so many of the usual griefs during this pregnancy. I am trying to keep my sights set on next year's half-marathon and the prospect that life will go on. I really struggle with feeling "stuck" in the postpartum period and don't want to cave in to depression. Whatever the case, I can endure. This is the end of the chapter.

I saw this shirt today and really like it. I think I'll order it.

And after the run...

(I'll have to earn this one.)

2 comments:

  1. You are ALMOST there, and looking great, I might add!!
    I like the half crazy shirt for the half marathon completion. I'd get that one if I were you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THE BELLY! So Cute. That last shirt mad eme laugh out loud! IT's all you!

    ReplyDelete