Friday, April 1, 2011

Trader Joe's Favorites




I was trying to re-create a delicious salad I picked up at Nugget Market the other night, and while shopping at Trader Joe's (a much friendlier alternative) I came across these Italian marinated feta cheese cubes. They were so delicious atop my fresh farmer's market greens paired with a little red bell pepper, some pitted kalmata olives, and a snippet of fresh dill. Topped off with Trader Joe's Tuscan Italian dressing, this salad hit the spot.
Any salad ideas you'd like to share.........?

And some of last week's favorites:
Ginger snaps
Just the right amount of sweetness, and I am sure kids love them.
Dorot frozen herb cubes in garlic, basil, and cilantro
Stick them in your freezer, then simply pull out and defrost one pre-portioned cube and you have fresh herb flavor for your cooking.
Pre-made pizza dough.
We all love homemade pizza, but the dough is usually the most time-consuming part. You could also use this dough for cinnamon rolls, crazy bread... the possibilities are endless.
Honey Whole Wheat Pretzel Sticks.
So good to have on hand for snacking, and I think they are only $1.99 per bag. I'm still waiting to try these with that delicious peanut butter cream cheese!

1 comment: