Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Cruiser On Our Hands

After a trip to the farmer's market and Jacob's baseball game this morning, the rest of the day held no plans for us, so we took to the park.
Rachel began walking at 13 months, but it is just recently that she has become confident enough to do it predominantly. She's so cute to watch. When she was learning, she didn't mess around with the toddling business; she wanted to take off and walk fast like a big girl, so often times she would get going too fast and crash. I think this is why it took her a while to begin doing it full time. Her personality reminds me so much of Ashlee as a baby: independent and unstoppable.
I just didn't have the energy today to hold Rachel on my hip and push Kaitlyn on the swing, so here is Ashlee doing my job for me. Maybe it's this spring weather, I just feel so melancholy.
Kaitlyn on the tallest slide in the park. I try not to look when my kids are at the top of this slide, and I urge them to go down it as quickly as possible (no loitering at the top.)
I love the big diaper-butt.
The boys reason for coming here was to ride their new Razor scooters at the skate park. I love having this right next door to the playground.

1 comment: