Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kid's Trading Post

A little while back I discovered this consignment shop in Folsom called Kid's Trading Post. This isn't your run-of-the-mill secondhand store- oh no. They carry only name brand kids items from clothes to shoes, DVDs, baby carriers, toys, even maternity clothes. And they're always having sales- good sales, like 30-70% off their already good prices. I've had luck every time I've gone in there, and have found many sought-after items for my children like nice church pants for Jake, Justice brand clothing for Ashlee, skinny jeans, and GAP shoes for Kaitlyn. Most of the items are barely used, and some still have the tags on. Anyhow, we swung by today and I was thrilled with my finds:

*swimming shorts for Jake (excellent condition)
*a Motherhood maternity dress for myself
*Children's Place shoes for Rachel (like new)
*A brand new Hanna Andersson swim suit for Kaitlyn
*A Children's Place swimsuit for Rachel (seems like new)
* 2 Leap Frog Letter Factory DVDs for Noah and Kaitlyn

With my $6 consignor's credit, I got all of this for $30.

To buy all of this at Target would easily run $100 (and that's a modest estimate.) Not to mention the quality of what I bought second-hand is so much better than Target's quality brand new.
Kaitlyn was so excited to try on her new swimsuit and insisted Rachel do the same.
I love consignment shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that one again. I have gone there without much luck in the past. I have mostly looked for shoes though. Marlene loves the meat market that is next door to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do too. That is where I get my Yerba Mate. They also have cheap, excellent pita bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute suits! Now they are ready for Summer:-)))

    ReplyDelete