Saturday, April 30, 2011

So NOT Done

Among the words you will never hear me say, these are some of them in regards to pregnancy:

"I am so done!"

There are a handful of "catch" phrases, if you will, that really irritate me. You know the ones:

"You have your hands full!"

"(4, 5, 6, etc.) kids!? You're done, right?"

"You don't look old enough to have 6 kids."

or

"You don't look like you have that many kids," to which I mentally respond, "Well, what should a mother of six look like?"

Anyhow, one thing pregnant women often say towards the end of their pregnancies that really gets under my skin is,

"I am so done!"

Well guess what, you're not. Not until baby is done.

I am one who enjoys pregnancy all the way through the end. I can honestly say there is never a time when I feel "so done." What's there not to love about it? The only reason I get eager for the end is the anticipation of birth, not because I am anxious to have this little being leave my body but because I am ready to meet him or her. You just will not hear me complain about pregnancy, even when I am 9 months and 1 day.

It's like I hear Jacob's baseball coach tell the players: "Don't slow down or stop on first base, run through the base." Such is me with pregnancy; going strong until the end.

So please, don't bring the misfortune upon yourself of asking me over the next few weeks if I am "done." I promise this question will not be met with a kind response. If I had it my way, I'd never be done. How's that for an answer?


No comments:

Post a Comment