Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend is off to a good start. Today was a very fun day for the kids, and a very busy day for Mom.

We began our day with the Cameron Park CSD Easter egg hunt at Rasmussen Community Park.




Ashlee won one of the 5 "golden eggs" and received this bunny as a prize.
Of course the Easter bunny was there and had to make his rounds.
...giving out candy along the way.
Kaitlyn with the prize bunny.
Immediately after the hunt, we went to Jacob's baseball game. He won game ball today for his outstanding hits and for always being in "ready position." He hit a good smacker that landed in the outfield by second base. Coach was impressed.
After the game the boys went across the street for a birthday party, and Mom did some more shopping. I came home and (kid you not) worked for 9 hours preparing food for tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek at our dessert... coconut cream cake. I think this is going to be delicious.
And lastly, the baskets are assembled and in the window sill to be discovered and devoured first thing in the morning. Hope I can wake up as early as the kids.

3 comments:

  1. Fun Day! Funny, your day mimics ours in the early A.M. egg hunt, followed by baseball game, and would have had a birthday party in there too, were it not for it conflicting with the baseball game!
    WE are keeping Easter Dinner simpler this year, so no cooking over here! I can't believe you spent that long prepping-you need a helper! If I were there I would have helped:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My helpers were cleaning the house. =)

    The good thing is that I didn't have to do all that work on Sunday morning. Now when we come home from church today everything will be ready, we'll just have to grill the kabobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of that CAKE!!! it looks amazing and I have a feeling it might ever taste better than it looks. Sounds like a very happy weekend all round. Happy Easter my sweet friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete