Sunday, June 5, 2011

8 Days Old

Here's Anthony doing what he does best. He is such a great sleeper. I love the hand near the face.
This chair and I have become good friends.
It's Anthony's safe haven, too.
First time meeting Grandma Nancy. She completely melted over him.
Today was the perfect Sunday. Forrest took all the kids to church and I had the house to myself in complete bliss. I spent most the afternoon preparing dinner: spaghetti sauce, meatballs, rosemary french bread, salad, and homemade chocolate ice-cream. I wrote in my journal and listened to my favorite church C.D. The postpartum period really can be a heaven on earth.

Forrest and I were talking the other day about how easy one baby seems in comparison to six. Cathe had taken all the kids out of the house and I felt like I had so much time and space to do whatever I wanted. I was contrasting this to how I felt when I had Ashlee, and what a challenge she was for me. Then the thought came to me that raising kids is like running: when you first start out, running one mile can seem a big feat. However, when your body is conditioned to run six miles (or raise six kids) and you go back to running just one mile, it feels like a walk in the park. It was a testimony to me of how much I have grown and developed as a mother. Once again, another life lesson learned from running. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment