Monday, June 13, 2011

Mom and All Her Kids

I woke up from a dream this morning that I was in Nugget Market smelling all of the different perfume samples, but in my dream they all smelled like water. I so badly wanted a new perfume, and the scents on the labels sounded so good, but when I sprayed them on my wrist there was no scent. I was so disappointed. So, when I discovered that we were out of milk this morning, instead of running up to Bel-Air, I made the trip down to Nugget and satisfied my need for a new perfume. I decided on Mediterranean Fig, and it does not smell like water.

Forrest went to work today and my mother-in-law is back at her home, so it was just the kids and I. All the chores were done and the weather was beautiful, so we decided to brave it and go to the park. Mind you this was my first outing alone with all the kids. We went to the community park in El Dorado Hills (one of our favorites, especially in the summer time) which was nice because they have the fenced-in area for the little ones. I only needed to call on Ashlee a couple of times to help get Rachel and Kaitlyn out of the baby swings. Anthony slept in my arms the whole time. I met a mom who had a baby that looked the same age as Anthony. I asked her when he was born, and she said May 28th; same day as Anthony. I asked her what time, and she said some time around 2:00a.m., making them about only 2 hours apart. That was kind of fun.

When we came back to the house we set up the sprinkler in the front yard for some water play. I made smoothies and sandwiches and enjoyed a quiet afternoon. I am glad I broke the ice with that first outing.






2 comments:

  1. Wished we could have come too! Penny ended up being in a lot of pain (she had a rash on her leg from a strap on her swim vest the day before) that day and it really was the worst when we got home not long after talking to you. We haven't been to that park in a long time...if you go again, call us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww- poor girl. There will be many, many park days in our future. We'll call you next time.

    ReplyDelete