Friday, June 10, 2011

Veggies

We've had an abundance of vegetables in our house the past couple of weeks. I didn't expect to be going into labor two weeks early, so I stocked up on Farmer's Market produce expecting to cook. Then while Cathe was here she went to Costco and stocked up for us. To top it all off, we had some neighbors who were going out of town and decided to bring their produce over to us so it didn't go bad. Despite my intentions, I've been cooking! In all honesty, cooking is one of the things I really enjoy and don't really ever take a break from, postpartum or not.

Here is a snippet from last night's dinner:
oven roasted potatoes and peppers topped with a drizzle of oil and fresh herbs (one of my favorite side dishes.)
grilled asparagus and sauteed mushrooms to top our tri-tip:
butter lettuce salad.
I can almost see the bottom of my produce drawers, just in time for market this Saturday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment