Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Curriculum Order

Okay, so I may not have planted the garden, and I may not have cleaned out the school supplies bin, and I may not have had a chance to take the kids to Six Flags, but I did get next years' curriculum order completed for all three kids before Anthony was born. This was most important to me.


This was weeks worth of sorting through this nearly 1,000 page catalog and choosing curriculum in all core subject areas for three different grade levels. A feat, let me tell you, but enjoyable nonetheless. I get really jazzed about the school year when I am choosing curriculum. It's exciting to me.
Now I am just waiting to hear from our new ST so I can place the order. The kids' budgets were increased substantially for next year, with Ashlee's nearly doubling for middle school. This means that we will have extra for karate, piano, and Ashlee's dance.

4 comments:

  1. It is really fun, yet way too time consuming to choose school curriculum. One thing I have done to save a little time is use the wish list feature on the RR website. You can email to your ST.

    My garden isn't planted yet either. I figure the rain is still going and so I still have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look fun. And sounds like the perfect job to do with a new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you peeked my curiosity with the word budget.....sounds like they get financial help for their curriculum? hope you don't mind me asking, but i'm Curious because I spend a LOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,

    We go through a state-funded charter, so the kids have a budget each semester for their books. A portion of this is also allotted for school supplies (paper, ink, etc.) and up to 25% can go towards extra-curricular (piano, guitar, dance, etc.) Are there any homeschool charters in your area? The one downside to this is that because it is state funded, they will not pay for any Christian based curriculum, which is unfortunate because there is so much good-quality religious based curriculum out there that I would love to use but can not afford.

    ReplyDelete