Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Shorts

Ever wonder what a contractor does when he's rained out of work? He makes summer shorts of course!

Forrest has a knack when it comes to attention to detail. As you can imagine, he's a better seamstress, decorator, and deep-cleaner than I am. Gender roles aside, it's just the way it is. There are certain things I don't do that he excels at. I've had this stack of jeans with holes in them in my closet for about a year, and this morning Forrest felt inspired to pull out the sewing machine and make them into jean shorts for the boys. Way to go honey! You make your wife proud (even if you do put me to shame.)
And it keeps him from going stir-crazy (husbands aren't meant to stay home I've decided.)
The end result: 6 pairs of like-new jean shorts, sans the shopping.

2 comments:

  1. That is so impressive! Adam is better at those attention to details type things too! Something about that engineering male brain! Way to go Forrest, good way to keep busy!

    ReplyDelete