Friday, February 19, 2010

10

A gift to myself: The Peanut Shell baby sling. After calling around yesterday and discovering that there are virtually no retail stores that carry the New Native, I did my research and decided that the Peanut Shell was another great brand in baby slings. The two stores I found that do carry the Peanut are Posh Punkins in El Dorado Hills and Starlight Starbright in Folsom. However, for the sling in the particualar size and fabric I wanted, I had to travel down to the Roseville Galleria.
The Peanut can carry baby in three different positions: cradle style for newborns to 4 months, kangaroo style for babies 4-10 months, and on the hip for 10 months to toddler. I believe it was a worthy investment and know it will more than pay for itself in convenience. Let's face it, with baby #5 there really is going to be no slowing down. Plus, I just love wearing my babies, and this gives me one more way to do it.

5 comments:

  1. You are going to love it. You carry that baby as long as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that exact one sitting here in my kitchen right now! It is a really small size (my friend let me borrow it), but I'll bring it by to see if it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun. I'm going to try a sling this time around also. I will still use my wrap but I also like the idea of how fast slings are and that you can carry them on your hip as a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am definitely still going to use my wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, not a bad idea. I recieved a sling for Scottsen and never used it but maybe next time I will. Oh, and I love how the model holding the baby is about a size 2 with a totally flat belly and looks about 17. So, if I buy that sling will I look like that after birth.

    ReplyDelete