Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Moment in the Life of a Very Tired, Very Pregnant, Homeschooling Mom

So today I had one of those moments where my kids made me feel guilty... really guilty. Over the years I have learned that guilt is an entirely non-productive emotion, and I have learned to overcome it for the most part, but still, there are times.


Like today.


After having expressed my disappointment at the fact that the kids had put on a movie when school work was not done (in a few choice words I might add) I decided that I was at my limit and had better go retire for a nap. As I lay in my bed half asleep reflecting on how poorly I had handled the situation, I hear a rustling at my door as Jacob is sliding this note through the crack:I then come out of my room to discover, perched on a bar stool right outside my door, Ashlee's science book with this note placed upon it:
Shouldn't I be the one compensating for damage?

Nevertheless, I must be doing something right to be deserving of such great kids.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly made an impact on them, but that is really good. I'm sure it was a very good reminder for them just how important their school work is to you. You can always follow up with why it is so important and you love them for making the right choice! A sweet moment for you all, not a guilty one. Oh, and by the way...you're almost 9 months pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 9 months pregnant... that's the problem. Hormones are kicking into high gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my mom having moments like this and us doing the same thing to make retribution. I remember my thought process.....and that it was very helpful to see this side of my mom sometimes instead of the very calm, controlled one at all times. It let me know how much we sometimes, kinda took advantage of that. It was a good reminder that she was a person too....and that we needed to respect her and what she asked of us. That obedience, was important even if we didn't want it to be. It humbled me I guess. You're a GREAT mom Lisa ........and your kids show it. =)

    ReplyDelete