Friday, February 26, 2010

At Ease

Well, it's been a long day, and the intermittent crampy contractions continue along with a little more show each time and a very low head, but my body is not yet ready to kick into full gear. Sweet Rachel is going to take her time. We just finished a dinner of Zuppa Toscana and sourdough toast (how's that for spicy food, Nikki?) and we are getting ready to put on a family movie. The house is clean, laundry is washed, folded, and put away, and there's not much else I can do to prepare except, oh yeah, go into labor! I have never experienced contractions like this without being in full-blown labor, so this is a very different experience for me. Not bad, just different. There is probably something to be learned from it. But like I always say, each labor is as unique as the child. Keep those good vibes coming our way.

3 comments:

  1. Zupa Toscana? You need to share the recipe with my with my wife. We have one that's good, but that's my favorite soup and I'd love to try it. Let us know if you guys need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good vibes coming your way....check.

    Good luck Lisa, your body will do wonderfully! Can't wait to meet little Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for sure I was going to wake up to a post with Rachel's face on it! Well, perhaps you'll just have these crampy contractions and then go right into transition and have like a 30 minute labor and you'll be done! Wouldn't that be awesome. Can't wait to hear your labor story. You sound like your ready now!

    ReplyDelete