Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Boy Spells Phonetically

So today we had another one of those noteworthy, made-me-laugh moments in homeschooling. Jacob decided to pull out the phonics word bits and practice some spelling, while I sat at the table working with Ashlee. Looks like he's working hard, doesn't it?

After a few moments, he comes to the table and, stifling a laugh, says, "Mom, come look at the words I've spelled so far." I knew something was up. Look closely at the word on the left.
"Ite-it." Yep, you guessed it. My son spelled idiot. Phonetically. He couldn't suppress the giggles after that.

Nothing beats homemade, homeschooled, quality education.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Oh my gosh. I'm laughing so hard! That really is kinda cute. He tried so hard. You just can't beat that effort!

    ReplyDelete