Friday, September 24, 2010

7 Months- She's a pacifier girl!

Rachel will be seven months on Monday. Here she is on my bed this morning, trying to put her pacifier back in her mouth. This girl has a unique relationship with her paci- at bedtime, it's crib, blanket, pacifier- out like a light. It's nice to have something that will undoubtedly soothe every time (although Noah and Kaitlyn seemed to manage fine and still fall asleep on their own without it.) What's also nice is that she now has the hand coordination to find it and cork herself. I witnessed it the other day- I sneaked into my bedroom during nap time, which startled her awake (guess I wasn't sneaky enough.) She whimpered a little, then, with her eyes still closed, I watched her little hands come up in front of her face. She first checked to see if it was there (it sometimes gets hooked on her thumb) then she began to scan the area around her head. Sure enough, she lifted it up from beside her head and into her mouth. Back to sleep. Precious!
Rachel, you're growing beautifully.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute. I bet thats been nice for you! No more getting her pacifier for her. Yay Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bottom right picture, her look is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you wrote this little story down. You will always remember this moment and she will be able to read it when she is older. So priceless. Your little baby girl is just a dream.

    ReplyDelete