Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ashlee's Take on Chores

As I sit here and review the day's school work, I come across an old writing prompt from the beginning of the year. It reads:

"At home, I have a lot of chores to do. I have to do all my chores while everyone else does theirs. In big families, everyone needs to pitch in to get the job done quickly. Some of the good things about doing chores are: you feel good inside, you can impress your company, and the house smells clean. There are also a few negative things about doing chores, such as people getting tired and grumpy, the chores getting to be too hard, and whining. If you don't want to clean, I've learned that if you hum, or do it quickly enough, you can actually enjoy your hardest chores."

-Ashlee, 5th grade

Thanks for the reminder Ashlee. She never ceases to amaze me with her insight.

2 comments:

  1. I should take her advice and give it to the rest of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Very thoughtful insight. I couldn't agree more, Ashlee:-))

    ReplyDelete