Friday, September 24, 2010

A Runner's Dinner

At the end of the weekend, I will have run a total of 13 miles. Week one training- check.

Knowing how important it is to properly refuel, I have made a concentrated effort to incorporate wholesome, high-energy, regenerating foods into my shopping this week. Here was last night's dinner:


Marinated Salmon (this is in your recipe packet if you attended the last Cooking with JC class- healthy foods.)

Quinoa Salad (compliments of Nikki's blog, only mine didn't hold a flame to hers!)
*Quinoa is a rare grain in that it is a complete plant protein. It is also high in lysine, an amino acid responsible for tissue growth and repair, making this the athlete's perfect food.

Buttermilk Cornbread w/ raw honey (recipe from September's Fine Cooking magazine- I ground the cornmeal in the wheat grinder.)

Farmer's Market salad w/ homemade buttermilk ranch (you can't have too much buttermilk in my book.)

I truly feel that the better I fuel my body, the more efficient my running will be. After all, we get out what we put in, and the results are synergistic. Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks amazing. I'm jealous. I'm sure your quinoa salad was better than mine, you are by far the superior cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a chance Nikki, and that's not just flattery. : )

    ReplyDelete