Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ashlee's Crochet

As I mentioned earlier, during my sister's visit, Ashlee and her friend received a lesson on crochet. The objective was for them to learn how to make hats like my sister's (hers are so adorable, check them out here if you haven't already) so they started on a small scale by making Barbie hats. Here's Ashlee's:And here's what she stayed up late crocheting in her bedroom last night:

She is now inspired to make headbands for all of the girls in her dance class. She came prepared with a notepad and tape measure to today's class to jot down her friends' measurements. I'd say she's got the bug! Thanks Aunt Roxanne.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed, Ashlee-very nice headband and hat. I love the blue band with the multi-colored flower-what a trendy look. Excellent job, and I'm very proud of you for sticking with it, as I know it can seem confusing at first:-) Now, what you did for the small hat, just add several more rounds (increasing each one like we talked about), and then go around, and you'll have a hat for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, You are inspiring to watch as you gain these talents and work them and perfect them until you are able to produce such creative, beautiful things...like these...like your dancing...like your piano playing...and you are continuously being blessed with more talents. The more you use your talents, the more talents you receive. You are smart and talented. Never stop learning! Never take for granted a new talent that you are given. One day, it could help someone in need of your talent. Dad loves you, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dad. I love you sooooooo much!!![I still love you more than you love me].

    ReplyDelete