Saturday, April 10, 2010

Six Weeks

I can't believe we have made it through the first six weeks. In commemoration, I pulled out the first toy. This is a little froggy and butterfly contraption that the babies lay under, and when they kick it with their feet (she's not there yet) or when a button is pushed on the front, it plays music and lights up. It was a baby shower gift with Jacob, and has since gone through three of my babies. They love it. It generated a smile from Rachel within minutes this morning.

Yesterday I had my last visit with the midwives, which is always a bittersweet time for me. On the one hand, I know the six week visit signifies that baby and I have made it past the recovery period and are well on our way to big and great things (such as a full night's sleep.) On the other hand, it's always hard for me to bid the midwives farewell and close this chapter of my life. It is such a privilege to be in their care, and I know I will miss that. Those ladies will forever hold a special place in my heart for the role they've played in creating a sacred environment for the births of three of my children.

4 comments:

  1. She is such a sweet baby. Thank you for letting me hold her today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the way she woke up and looked at you, studying your face like, "Wait a minute, you're not Mom!" It was very cute.

    I can't wait to see your sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bittersweet, I know! You're doing a great job with her, and I can say firsthand now that she is the most precious, special baby-so cute and sweet and lovable:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What 6 weeks! What? You just had her like 2 days ago! Oh my gosh I can't believe how fast it has gone and I feel like I haven't gotten to see Rachel at all!! I'm glad you've made it past the 6 weeks! Good job mom! BTW- Kaitlyn is VERY cute in nursery. She's doing a good job of defending her stroller against Scottsen (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete