Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cloth Diapering for a Day

I was given a supply of Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers to try out on Rachel. I first became interested in the notion of cloth diapering when Noah was a baby, but never made it a reality. Then I decided I would try with Kaitlyn, but, well, now she's almost 2 1/2 and, you get the picture. So I am thankful that my friend recognized the need and gave me the boost that I needed.So far, so good. She did have a pretty bad leak this morning, but I'm hoping that was a one-time deal and won't happen again. I think it was either her position or that the diaper was not on tight enough. I figure this is a learn-as-you-go process. My one issue is that being a neat person, I can not stand the thought of letting the diapers sit in a pail until laundry day, so I have been putting them in the bathroom sink to soak. It is against my instincts to let soiled laundry sit. All of that aside, she just looks so stinkin' cute in them!
Noah still wears a night time diaper and Kaitlyn is not quite potty trained (mostly due to negligence on my part,) so essentially I have three kids in diapers, and probably one more in the future. Needless to say, switching to cloth would save me big $$$. Can you think of any reason why I shouldn't?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE cloth diapers and just bought a whole bunch for Capri. They really are wonderful! I wash every other day and it worked out great. The money you save on cloth diapers is amazing and if you want you can even do cloth wipes and save even more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete