Wednesday, October 27, 2010

8 Weeks

Today seems to be "the day." You know when you're fine one day and sick the next? It sneaks up on you overnight. I could feel it coming on last night, and knew something was different when I woke up this morning and didn't want to go running (it's the first run I've missed in over 6 weeks on my training program.) It feels like having the flu, only no relief. However, being that this is my last pregnancy, I have committed to not complaining. Instead, I have curled up with a soft blanket and a good book. This is not getting my laundry done, but that can wait. It is chilly outside, and I have no intentions of leaving the warmth of the pellet stove. At least I have obtained a tiny success in holding off for this long, for in past pregnancies my nausea has begun at six weeks. I did come across some tasty ginger candy at the health food store, which seems to help, if only momentarily. Above all, I know that this, too, shall pass. In the mean time, I fantasize of having someone in the kitchen cooking up all the healthy food I dream of on a whim, and doing my laundry. : )

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your not feeling well. Those candies are the best though. Your day sounds nice and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there-you'll get through it! Take it easy these next few weeks:-)

    ReplyDelete