Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Run

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 55 minutes

The hills. Ohhhh, the hills. Part of my route included a stretch from the Bass Lake end of Woodleigh all the way to the Kimberly end of Woodleigh. This equates to 1.5 miles of uphill, one after another (I know some of you can appreciate this route- Nikki, Kristen, Callie.) The surprising thing was that I was able to run the entire time, keeping in line with my goal. I think I geared myself up for it last night. I felt great when I came home, with energy to spare, and plan to continue my training until my body tells me otherwise (at which time I'll decrease the mileage, revert to walking, or just end up on my couch, who knows.) The half-marathon will have to wait until next year, but I will be ready. In reality, this is such a short duration of time in the scheme of things. There will be years, many years.

Total distance this week: 15 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Woodleigh!! Yes yes, fond memories. Might I just add to the public...when Lisa and I did this walk, we were both pushing double strollers, both seats occupied and Lisa was pregnant!! She's a machine that one!

    ReplyDelete