Saturday, October 16, 2010

Buddy Run

Today's run was unique in that I had a partner to do it with. Kristen and I ran the 5k together a few weeks back, and discovered that we are comparable runners. So, we met out in my driveway at 6:45 this morning, just as the sky was turning from black to gray, and we hit the street together. I will admit that the first three miles were a struggle. I didn't sleep well last night and found myself looking at the clock every hour, paranoid that I would sleep in and Kristen would be waiting in my driveway. Ironically enough, Rachel slept from midnight until six, but there always seems to be something to keep me up. If it's not the kids, it's the cats, or my own mind. Anyhow, after we peaked Woodleigh, the second half was a breeze. Perhaps the most rewarding part was watching the sun rise through the pink and orange clouds. I love catching sights like this early in the morning. Our next date is for Monday morning; same time, different route. I'm off to go scramble me some eggs with fresh basil.

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:07

No comments:

Post a Comment